Oh Florida, what a special state. Thanks to our state records being public, Florida finds itself in the news a bit more often than other states – especially when it comes to strange crimes. The Florida Man is known for find wacky ways to break the law, but several of the state’s laws are outdated and absurd. Here is a part two to the previous 10 Weird Laws in Florida You Probably Don’t Know About.
HERE ARE 10 MORE WEIRD LAWS IN FLORIDA YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT:
1. In the state of Florida, it’s illegal to park or drive over top of a grave-site.
2. If you have sex in any other position than missionary, you’re breaking the law in Florida.
3. In Florida, if you plant a flower in a pot without a drainage hole, you have created a public nuisance.
4. If you are tried and convicted of horse theft, the penalty in Florida is still written as death by hanging.
5. In the state of Florida, men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
6. It is illegal to sell your children in Florida.
7. In Palm Bay, Florida, it is illegal to tow a bobsled behind a bicycle.
8. In Florida, it’s illegal to sell ice cream in a cemetery.
9. Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal in Florida.
10. No skateboarding in the state of Florida if you don’t have a valid license.
If you or a loved one happen to be in trouble due to one of these laws or any other seemingly outdated law in Florida, it’s likely that the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney can help your situation. Russell Spatz has practiced law in the state of Florida for over four decades and knows the ins and outs of the court system. Call him today at 305-442-0200 to see how he can help you.