CALL US NOW: 305-442-0200

Russell A. Spatz

trial attorney with
over 40 years of experience
Former Prosecutor And Division Chief In The Office
of The Miami-dade State Attorney
Request A Consultation »
Martindale-Hubbell | AV | Preeminent | Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
Martindale-Hubbell | AV | Preeminent | Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
Florida Trends | Florida Legal Elite
Avvo | 10.0 | Superb | Top Attorney Criminal Defense
You Are Here:
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders

Domestic Violence Help From A Former Prosecutor

Many people in the Miami area and throughout the state of Florida are affected by domestic violence. If you need protection from an abusive partner, lawyer Russell Spatz, of the Spatz Law Firm, PL, has the experience to protect your rights and guide you through the process. He is a former division chief in the office of the Miami-Dade State Attorney.

Helping You Seek Orders Of Protection

Being victimized by a violent partner or spouse is something no one should have to go through. Family law attorney Russell Spatz understands how difficult it may be to seek help, but he is prepared to guide you through the process of obtaining an order of protection for domestic abuse, so you and your children can feel safe again. He can also help you seek a divorce from an abusive spouse.

What Does An Order Of Protection Do?

Sometimes called a restraining order, an order of protection prevents an abusive partner or spouse from doing several things, including:

  • Staying in the family home or apartment
  • Contacting the victim(s) in person, by phone, through email or on social media
  • Having custody of minor children
  • Stalking the victim(s) at work or in public

You can seek an order of protection from a current or former spouse, a relative by blood or marriage, a domestic partner, a boyfriend or girlfriend, or someone you live or have lived with.

How Long Does An Order Of Protection Last?

If you or your children are in immediate danger, you can file for a temporary restraining order that lasts up to 15 days (called an ex parte temporary order). Credible claims are usually granted within 24 hours. You may then apply for a general protective order, which lasts up to a year and can be renewed.

Attorney Spatz can help you with both of these processes, advocating for your rights and safety throughout the process. He will take decisive and compassionate action to ensure you and your children stay out of harm’s way.

Call The Spatz Law Firm, PL, Today

Please call 305-442-0200 or contact the Spatz Law Firm, PL, online to schedule a consultation with Russell Spatz.

Our Legal Services:

A Lawyer With Unparalleled Credentials

RATED BY Super Lawyers | Russel A. Spatz | 5 Years


“The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.”
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through the experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.”
“The best index to a person’s character is how he treats people who can’t do him any good; and how he treats people who can’t fight back.”