Having a good lawyer when you have a legal problem is important for the outcome of your case. You need to work with an attorney who has extensive experience in the matter and whom you can trust. But what makes a good attorney exactly?
Characteristics Of A Good Lawyer
When a person is accused of a crime, they must pay close attention to which legal defense to choose. There are several parameters to measure in terms of who can best defend you in court, with whom you can relate better, and with whom you understand each other clearly.
A criminal lawyer must meet multiple characteristics to make a good lawyer.
- They must have a strong belief in the position they defend. Being compassionate about their work is a good indicator that the attorney at work has good people skills.
- They must show no signs of nervousness during trials. A lawyer must keep a level head in court in order to achieve a good outcome for the trial. Getting nervous and distracted may interfere with the outcome.
- They must be brave and able to stand firm in the face of the defendant’s charges. Being able to persist and stand by their client is a good quality to look for.
- They must have social skills since they must know the correct way to express themselves and they must also know how to listen. Listening and paying attention to what the client is saying may change the outcome of the case. Having excellent communication skills, knowing how to speak, and knowing when to speak are all important qualities to look for.
- They must be people with empathy, education, cordiality, friendliness, and a desire to stay current in the legal and technological spheres, as this is an obligation in a judicial world that is constantly evolving.
How Do I Know I’m Choosing A Good Criminal Lawyer?
Having a good criminal defense is essential in your trial process. Some steps must be followed to know that you have a good lawyer. First, you must verify the identity of the lawyer to see if you have the right to exercise the right of defense that you have. Paying attention to the lawyer’s reputation is also a critical factor in making the decision.
Attorney Russell Spatz of Spatz Law Firm, PL, in Miami, Florida, has more than 40 years of experience. He is a former prosecutor and division chief in the office of the Miami-Dade state attorney. He is also an adjunct law professor.
To meet with Attorney Russell Spatz to discuss your criminal matter, please call the Spatz Law Firm, PL, at 305-442-0200.