Spatz, Russell A. Esq.
When Russell Spatz left the Office of the Dade County State Attorney, then State Attorney, Janet Reno wrote to her former Division Chief:
"You have demonstrated the best in prosecution as an Assistant State Attorney and we will miss you. On behalf of all the people of Dade County I thank you for your very dedicated public service."
Since that time, Mr. Spatz has tried to live up to those words by championing the causes of his clients, defending and protecting them. Mr. Spatz endeavors to not only represent clients in court but give them the peace of mind of knowing there is one whom they can trust to assist them in dealing with the overwhelming difficulties we all face in life from time to time.
Mr. Spatz, is a trial attorney with over 33 years experience, is devoted to providing the highest quality representation and committed to finding answers, settling disputes and assisting in all manner of legal issues.
His personal service and professionalism lend themselves to offer his clients the highest degree of personal legal representation.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Florida, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1978
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. - 1975
- Honors: Recipient, National Science Foundation Fellowship
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
- B.S. - 1972
- Honors: Departmental Honors
- Major: Mathematics
Deposition Skills, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 1994
Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediation Training Program, Florida International University, 2001
Honors and Awards
Named to Florida Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2014
AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dade County Bar Association, Family law Committee, Former Vice-Chairman
- Richard E. Gerstein and Janet Reno, Assistant State Attorney and Division Chief , 1975 to 1980
- Family Law Committee, Member, Present
- St. Thomas Law School, Former Adjunct Professor
- Florida's Legal Leaders, Legal Elite, 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Richard E. Gerstein State Attorney, Assistant State Attorney, 1975 to 1980
- Janet Reno State Attorney, Assistant State Attorney, 1978 to 1978
- St. Thomas Law School, Former Adjunct Professor of Law
- Phi Delta Phi